MINUTES FOR DECEMBER 8th 2016
Voting Members in Attendance: Maryam Zar, Michael Soneff, George Wolfberg, Richard Cohen, Chris Spitz, David Kaplan, Sue Kohl, Rick Mills, Danielle Samulon, Cathy Russell, Lou Kamer, Gil Dembo, Sarah Conner, Barbara Marinacci, David Card
Voting Alternates: Doug McCormick, Susan Payne
Non-voting Advisors and Alternates: Bruce Schwartz, Sharon Kilbride, Andy Frew, Barbara Kohn, Brian Deming, David Peterson, Steve Boyers, Marilyn Wexler, Doria Anselmo, Kevin Niles
Start of Business Meeting:
1. Certification of Quorum – At the direction of the Chair, the Secretary called the
meeting to order and certified that a quorum was present at 7:08 PM.
2. Reading of Community Council’s Mission – Michael Soneff read the Mission Statement.
3. Introduction of the Board and Audience. The Chair Maryam Zar introduced the Board. The Chair Emeritus Chris Spitz introduced the past Citizen of the Year and Community Service Awardees in attendance. The Vice-Chair George Wolfberg introduced the past Golden Sparkplug and Pride of the Palisades Awardees in attendance.
4. Approval of Minutes & Upcoming Meetings. Approval of the minutes of November 10, 2016 was deferred.
- Consideration of Agenda. Maryam stated that the agenda is as distributed.
- Treasurer’s report – deferred to 1/12/17 meeting.
- Reports, Announcements and ConcernsItems 7.1-7.6 – deferred to 1/12/17 meeting.
- Reports from Committees – none.
9. General Public Comment – deferred to 1/12/17 meeting.
10. Old Business – deferred to 1/12/17 meeting.
11. New Business
11.1 Presentation of the Citizen of the Year, Golden Sparkplug and Pride of the Palisades Awards. The Chair, Members of the Awards Selection Committee, the Chair Emeritus and Elected Officials and their representatives recognized each of the Awardees and presented awards and certificates as follows: Citizen of the Year – Daphne Gronich; Golden Sparkplugs – Sylvia Boyd, Patrick Hart, Amy Lundberg, Karen Stigler, Veslemoey Zwart; Pride of the Palisades – Bob Benton. Special recognition was also given to LAPD Captain Tina Nieto for her service to Pacific Palisades. Silent and live auctions followed the Awards presentations.
12. Adjournment – At the direction of the Chair, the Secretary adjourned the meeting at 9:10 PM.