MINUTES FOR DECEMBER 14th 2017
Voting Members in Attendance: Maryam Zar, George Wolfberg, Allison Polhill, Richard Cohen, Chris Spitz, David Kaplan, Sue Kohl, Peter Culhane, Cathy Russell, Danielle Samulon, Lou Kamer, Gil Dembo, Sarah Conner, Bruce Schwartz
Voting Alternates: Susan Payne, Jenny Hope Cote, Kelly Comras, Andrew Wolfberg
Non-voting Advisors and Alternates: Richard Blumenberg, Barbara Kohn, Matthew Rodman, Steve Boyers, Marilyn Wexler, Sharon Kilbride
1. Certification of Quorum. Chair Maryam Zar called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm and certified that a quorum was present.
2. Reading of Community Council’s Mission. Event Host Sam Lagana read the Mission Statement.
3. Introduction of Board and Audience. Waived by the Chair. Chair/President Emeritus Chris Spitz and Vice-Chair George Wolfberg introduced the past honorees in attendance.
4. Approval of Minutes & Upcoming Meetings. 1) Approval of Minutes: distribution and approval of 11/9/17 minutes deferred. 2) Upcoming meetings: 1/11/18 and 1/25/18.
5. Consideration of Agenda. The agenda was as distributed.
6. Treasurer’s Report – Deferred to 1/11/18.
7. General Public Comment on local issues – Deferred to 1/11/18.
8. Reports, Announcements and Concerns – Deferred to 1/11/18.
9. Reports from Committees – None.
10. Old Business – None.
11. New Business.
11.1. 2017 PPCC Awards Presentation.
Event Committee Chair Peter Culhane introduced Event Host Sam Lagana, who in turn welcomed all in attendance and introduced the Awards presenters. The Chair, members of the Board and the Awards Selection Committee, past Awardees and Elected Officials and their representatives recognized the Awardees and presented awards and certificates as follows: Citizen of the Year – Bruce Schwartz. Golden Sparkplugs – Tom Creed, Matthew Rodman, Marie Steckmest and Debbie Warfel. Pride of the Palisades – Nancy Klopper. Special recognition was also given to Rusty Redican and other LAPD officers for their service to the community. Silent and Live Auctions followed.
12. Adjournment. Secretary at the Chair’s direction adjourned the meeting at 9:30 pm.