MINUTES FOR DECEMBER 13th 2018
Voting Members in Attendance: George Wolfberg, Peter Culhane, Richard Cohen, Chris Spitz, Maryam Zar, Sue Kohl, David Kaplan, Rick Mills, Joanna Spak, Haldis Toppel, Steve Cron, Reza Akef, Rick Lemmo, Richard Blumenberg, Dick Wulliger, Bill Bruns, Duke Ostendorf
Voting Alternates: Mary Mueller, Marilyn Wexler
Non-voting Advisors and Alternates: John Padden, Bruce Schwartz, Howard Robinson, Jan Ostendorf, Andrew Wolfberg, Doug McCormick, Rena Alekperova, Cathi Ruddy, Barbara Marinacci, Sharon Kilbride, Rob Weber, Allison Polhill
1a. Certification of Quorum. Chair George Wolfberg called the meeting to order at 7:05pm and certified that a quorum was present.
2. Reading of Community Council’s Mission. Andrew Wolfberg read the Council’s Mission.
3. Introduction of the Board and Audience. Past awardees and past PPCC chairs in attendance were introduced (see Item 11 below).
4. Approval of Minutes & Upcoming Meetings. 1) Approval of Minutes – approval of 11/08/18 minutes deferred to 1/10/19. 2) Upcoming Meetings – January 10, 2019: topics: 1) briefing by USPS representatives on postal issues; 2) presentation & Q&A with CD11 District Director Krista Phipps; 3) presentation by Cathi Ruddy on the Map Your Neighborhood program. January 24, 2019: topics: 1) presentation by LAFD Deputy Chief Armando Hogan; 2) update by John Padden on Village harmonization plans.
5. Consideration of Agenda. The Chair announced that the agenda was as distributed.
6. Treasurer’s Report– deferred to 1/10/19.
7. General Public Comment– deferred to 1/10/19.
8. Reports, Announcements and Concerns – deferred to 1/10/19.
9. Reports from Committees – deferred to 1/10/19
10. Old Business – none.
11. New Business.
11.1. 2018 PPCC Awards Presentations. The Chair thanked the Event Committee and welcomed all attendees. Past Honorees and past Chairs in attendance were introduced. Vice-Chair Peter Culhane introduced host Sam Lagana, who gave opening remarks. Awards were then presented to Co-Citizens of the Year – Jimmy Dunne and Bob Harter; Golden Sparkplugs – John Steadman and Dede Vlietstra; and Pride of the Palisades – Arnie Wishnick. Silent and live auctions were concluded and auction winners announced.
12. Adjournment. The Chair adjourned the meeting at 9:30pm.