George Wolfberg Park at Potrero Canyon — Updates
The PPCC Potrero Canyon Oversight Committee (PCOC) will periodically post updates on this page and keep the community informed of the Committee’s work.
Ongoing matters that the PCOC is monitoring include:
- Drainage and soil slippage (sinkholes, slides, cracks, fissures, trail damage)
- Gates and fencing (locking & closing mechanisms, height)
- Operating hours and enforcement (LAPD, Park Rangers, LAFD)
- Landscaping (weeding, brush clearance, irrigation)
- Park staff and service requests (graffiti, trash, emergencies)
- Park signage and use (rules & regulations)
- Coastal access (lateral trail & bridge)
- City & State updates (progress on all issues)
In the meantime, if you have concerns, input or observations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
If you observe the gates at either Friends Street or Frontera operating in a manner that is inconsistent with the hours that City Council has affirmed for the George Wolfberg Park at Potrero Canyon (that is: open at sunrise and locked at sunset), please alert RAP and City staff for correction. We ask that you email and cc the following contacts:
Regarding gate locks and closing times, please visit Gates and Fencing.
*You will receive an automated reply when you email email@example.com. This is to assure you that we have received your input and will do our best to address it. We will keep the community apprised of our work and progress using the communication tool afforded to us by the tabs on this page. We will also updater the PPCC board and community at each of our meetings with any specific information or feedback that is made available to us by city or state officials or staff tasked with protecting, maintaining and developing George Wolfberg Park at Potrero Canyon (the Park).
Potrero Canyon Oversight Committee (PCOC)